Kendrick Recruitment is now looking for a Lodge Manager for a beautiful tented camp based in the Tarangire Reserve, Tanzania. We are looking for someone who has experience in working within remote locations, who enjoys the challenges that this presents and motivate and lead a diverse team successfully.
· Overall management for the Tented Camp, including operations, guest experience, kitchen, financial and staff management and development
· Budget and forecast creation, management and control in conjunction with the Lodge Administrator and the Regional Finance Manager. Management of the lodge CAPEX programs
· Human resource management and staff development
· Infrastructure – development and maintenance of all infrastructure
· Security – security, emergency response and fire control
· Environmental health – waste, sanitation, mosquito and pest control
· Government – liaison with local, regional and national Government and relevant stakeholders in conjunction with the Regional Manager. Compliance with local licensing, permits etc.
· Conservation and Community
· Lodge Marketing – management of the lodge social media platforms, including Facebook and Instagram
· Build upon the existing guest experience to create new ideas and to ensure the product remains fresh and modern, whilst staying true to the history of the area – this includes guest delights, accommodation, food, staff, activities
· Building relationships with new and repeat guests
· At least 5 years Management Experience in a 5-star boutique operation
· East Africa Management experience an advantage
· Hospitality and Service Training Experience
· Energetic, proactive person with well-developed concept of the importance of providing a world- class guest experience, and the ability to provide that experience
· Passionate about sustainable tourism and conservation
· Unrelenting attention to detail and high standards
· Practical with some experience of maintenance
· The ability to motivate and inspire yourself and others
· Excellent interpersonal skills and communication
· Competent financial and IT skills
· Fluent in English essential
· Medical Aid
· Travel Allowance
· Provident Fund
· Opportunities to grow and develop within a wonderful company!
To apply for this wonderful position please send your CV, references and profile photo through today… Good Luck!