Kendrick Recruitment is now looking for a Lodge Manager for a beautiful tented camp based in Tanzania. We are looking for someone who has experience in working within remote locations, who enjoys the challenges that this presents and motivate and lead a diverse team successfully.
· Overall management for the Tented Camp, including operations, guest experience, kitchen, financial and staff management and development
· Budget and forecast creation, management and control in conjunction with the Lodge Administrator and the Regional Finance Manager. Management of the lodge CAPEX programs
· Human resource management and staff development
· Infrastructure – development and maintenance of all infrastructure
· Security – security, emergency response and fire control
· Environmental health – waste, sanitation, mosquito and pest control
· Government – liaison with local, regional and national Government and relevant stakeholders in conjunction with the Regional Manager. Compliance with local licensing, permits etc.
· Conservation and Community
· Lodge Marketing – management of the lodge social media platforms, including Facebook and Instagram
· Build upon the existing guest experience to create new ideas and to ensure the product remains fresh and modern, whilst staying true to the history of the area – this includes guest delights, accommodation, food, staff, activities
· Building relationships with new and repeat guests
· At least 5 years Management Experience in a 5-star boutique operation
· East Africa Management experience an advantage
· Hospitality and Service Training Experience
· Energetic, proactive person with well-developed concept of the importance of providing a world- class guest experience, and the ability to provide that experience
· Passionate about sustainable tourism and conservation
· Unrelenting attention to detail and high standards
· Practical with some experience of maintenance
· The ability to motivate and inspire yourself and others
· Excellent interpersonal skills and communication
· Competent financial and IT skills
· Fluent in English essential
· Medical Aid
· Travel Allowance
· Provident Fund
· Opportunities to grow and develop within a wonderful company!
To apply for this wonderful position please send your CV, references and profile photo through today… Good Luck!