Kendrick Recruitment are now seeking a Sous Chef for a 5* Establishment based outside of Grahamstown.
Within this role you will need to ensure that guest satisfaction with the Food and the eating experience is of the highest level through the implementation and maintenance of a top quality style of cuisine, effective management of the team of staff in the department, and meeting or exceeding standards without exceeding costs in the agreed budget.
Minimum qualification requirements:
• Spoken and written English
• At least 3 years experience required in 5 star hotels or lodges
• Attention to detail
• Computer literate
Key responsibilities include:
• Maintain 7 day menu and ensure food meets quality standards
• Plan and direct food preparation and cooking activities
• Issue stock for the shift to chefs and check that have a recipe and stock list for all jobs they are responsible for
• Oversee the choice of recipes and train each chef on the proper use of the ingredient
• Make personal contact with guests where possible
• Organize staff roster and leave structure on a roster and put on notice board
• Have knowledge of products, suppliers, prices and current stock
• Ensure there are sufficient cleaning materials, and chemicals in stock
• Check and rotate stocks in fridges and freezers daily
• Maintain cost and quality control
You will need sound knowledge of costing’s and budgeting as well as the ability to draw up new and exciting dishes, which keep in line with the modern trends in the culinary field whilst being fresh and full of flavour. Salary offered of R12,000 – R16,000 live in with additional company benefits. To apply send your CV, references and food pictures through today… Good Luck!