Kendrick Recruitment is now seeking a Sales Operations Consultant for a leading travel company with a focus on Tanzania and Kenya travel. We are looking for a Sales Operations Consultant to be a key pillar stone in the Retail Team. Within this role you will be responsible for handling the operational aspects of sales within the business and 3rd party suppliers at all stages of the booking process. You will work closely alongside the East Africa Specialist team through the sales process. To succeed you will need to have excellent communication skills and be highly organized and able to multi-task.
• Assist in managing some of the administrative and operational tasks of the sales process – from quote stage through to client travel.
• Checking availability at properties through various online platforms and email requests
• Compiling options for Africa Specialist to present in a quote based on client requirements, whilst always focusing on upselling opportunities or alternatives where the original request is not possible.
• Checking invoices match costs in quote system
• Liaising with finance team to ensure efficient allocation of deposits for bookings.
• Pre travel reconfirmations with all suppliers
• Preparation of final documents for final checks by East Africa Specialist.
• Taking a proactive and adaptable approach to learning in terms of sales skills, systems, processes and product knowledge.
• Strong administration and organization skills.
• Meticulous attention to detail.
• Excellent communication skills, a service delivery mindset and strong customer service focus.
• Excellent time management skills
• Good computer literacy including use of inhouse sales systems
• Excellent attention to detail.
• Great team plater; cool under pressure
• Ability to work well under pressure.
• Willingness to go the extra mile and be a team player.
• Experience in, and knowledge of East Africa Safari sales advantageous – at least 3 years’ experience of East Africa and 5 years’ experience in the safari industry.
• Experience working in a sales team environment and/or operations background
• Strong sales and customer service skills.
• Office based role – Monday – Friday 8h00 – 17h00 with some flexibility.
• Medical Aid Allowance.
• Parking on site is subject to availability. Should there be none we will gladly source a parking for the candidate at the closest eParking facility.
• The candidate should be willing and able to travel and be in possession of a valid passport to travel to our regions as and when budgets allow for fam & educational trips.
• All employees travelling on business are required to be fully vaccinated against Yellow Fever and COIVD-19 as a condition to travel.
• Must have a clear criminal and credit history clearance.
To apply please send us your CV through today… Good Luck!