Kendrick Recruitment is now seeking a Training Manager of a luxury private island based in the Caribbean. Reporting to the Head of Learning and Development, the Training Manager s primarily responsible for implementing, delivering and recording onboarding, induction, training, coaching, and certification activities for employees across both Islands.
Qualifications / Experience
- Senior management role in luxury 5* hospitality with departmental train-the-trainer certification
- Professional training qualification from a recognized body e.g. CIPD, SHRM, American Hotel & Lodging Association (AHLA), E-Cornell.
- Experience of successfully delivering onboarding, induction, on-the-job standards training and coaching.
- Facilitating multi-media training sessions to core team and assisting with the coordination of manager-level learning and development programs
- Experience and confidence in customizing and implementing L&D policies, standards and processes – particularly performance management, train-the-trainer / departmental training champions
- Good understanding of Learning and Development planning, employer brand and employee experience and their importance to the business.
- Understanding of training and development of operational budgeting
- High level of computer skills and competence including Microsoft packages and HR Information Systems
- Worked with and understands statutory and legislative requirements for certification, training for the hospitality sector and good practice protocols
- A good understanding of BVI Labour Laws and Health & Safety and Food Safety & Hygiene protocols is an advantage
- Island environment or remote location work experience required
Behaviors / Skills
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills – report writing, presentation skills for internal and external audiences (team, management, professionals, and government officials)
- Strong planning and execution skills; able to prioritize, organize and take a structured approach.
- Purpose-driven and results focused
- Resourceful and adaptable/ able to respond effectively to complex and changing priorities
- Highly confidential with strong integrity to build trust and respect
- Creative problem solver and able to implement relevant solutions
- Sound judgment and decision-making skills
- Assertive and confident people connector
- Ability to make a positive impact, and influence using the strong business rationale
- Sensitive to cultural requirements, the diverse team needs and willing and able to adapt their own behavior and thinking; and customize L&D material to suit
- Sense of fun
Package & Benefits
- Competitive annual salary subject to local taxes
- Discretionary performance-linked bonus up to 15% of base annual salary
- Share in the island gratuities
- 20 days paid holiday per year
- Hours as required, based on a minimum of 5 days per week
- Accommodation provided or annual housing allowance
- Food Allowance
- Medical Insurance, Life Insurance, and Company Pension after the qualifying period
Please send your CV and references to firstname.lastname@example.org to apply for this role.