Kendrick Recruitment is looking for a Sous Chef for an award-winning Luxury 5* Lodge in the Greter Kruger This is a live-in position with a market-related offering.
The Sous Chef is responsible for the management of the kitchen under the Head Chef and Sous Chef and assumes complete responsibility for the kitchen during their absence. The Sous Chef must hand over responsibilities and requests to the following shift coming on duty and ensure that they receive a handover from the previous shift when coming on duty. This position is accountable to the Head Chef.
Skills & Experience:
- A minimum of 3 years of experience in a medium-sized kitchen.
- Matric qualification.
- Professional cookery qualification (not a must, but would be advantageous).
- Assertiveness, patience and good organizational skills.
- Understanding kitchen procedure and timing requirements and be able to plan accordingly.
- Passion for cheffing.
- Good communication skills.
- The ability to implement and maintain health and hygiene procedures.
- Knowledge of fire and safety procedures.
- First-Aid training (would be advantageous).
- The ability to deal with constructive criticism.
- Ability to present healthy, innovative and modern dishes.
- Business sense
- Attention to detail
- Team player
- Commitment to quality
- Quick decisions
- Development of staff
- Handle criticism
This is a live in position, meals included and a market-related salary is on offer along with meals, uniform, accommodation and additional company benefits. To apply for this stunning role please send us your CV, written reference letters as well as a recent photo of yourself… GOOD LUCK!