Kendrick Recruitment is now seeking a strong, adventurous Sales and Marketing Manager for a group of lodges based in East Africa with an excellent name and repuation.
The Sales & Marketing Manager has direct oversight of the Sales, Events and Marketing operation as well as an overview on Marketing Budget/P&L, revenue forecasting, advertising, marketing, developing and writing business plans, and ownership meetings.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Set up the Sales, Marketing & PR plans (vision, mission, objective, and strategy) in short term and long term
- Maintain positive and cooperative relationships and work closely with hospitality industry players and establish solid relationships with potential partners from travel service suppliers and providers,
- Build new relationships with potential clients / agents.
- Supervise the tourism marketing team members that include marketing consultants, digital marketer, photographers, and reservations and sales staff.
- Preparing budgets, pricings, packages and other activities / offers to drive and meet revenue goals.
- Strategize and lead the sales efforts, campaigns, and activities to achieve the committed revenue objectives and targets.
- Develop sales materials, conduct personal marketing and promotional visits to potential clients.
- Participate in relevant trade shows, industry meetings, and organize, execute roadshows.
- Monitors competitive factors to capitalize upon market opportunities, minimize the effects of competitive activity and deliver effective messaging within the marketplace.
- Maintain high level of Customer Relationship Management
- Perform related duties and responsibilities as required.
Special Characteristics & Responsibilities
- Comprehensive knowledge, experience, and passion for African eco-tourism.
- Ability for developing creative and innovative marketing campaigns.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced work environment and have excellent written and verbal communication skills, as well as interpersonal skills.
- Has an interest in the evolving media, WEB3.0 and technology landscapes, with a passion for the latest and greatest innovative solutions
- Well organized and detail oriented with the ability to prioritize and handle multiple assignments and be willing to get involved in projects with varying degrees of difficulty.
- Ability to prepare appropriate reports, correspondence, memoranda, agreements, and budget projections in a highly professional and detailed manner.
- Ability to project and recognize potential problems and implement corrective actions.
- Provides the highest customer service excellence.
- Tertiary qualification: a degree or diploma in hospitality / tourism or similar a must.
This position is based in Dar es Salaam, an understanding and familiarisation with the African market are key to success in this role. Accommodation can be provided in and a compeitive USD based package is on offer based on qualifications and experience. To apply please send your CV, references and profile picture through today… Good Luck!