Kendrick Recruitment are seeking a Receptionist for the Front of House for a luxury wine estate in the Franschhoek, Western Cape. This role is ensuring that guests experience maximum comfort and satisfaction at the hotel without any hitches in order to present a good image of the hotel and leave lasting impressions in the minds of visitors.
While the receptionist maintains high level of professionalism in dealing with guests, he or she is very courteous and friendly in order to make guests feel relaxed and at home in the hotel.
As the first person whom guests come in contact with, the role of the receptionist is to give clients a remarkable first impression about the hotel, and welcomes them warmly with a broad smile as they make their reservations.
Hotel receptionists have to be smartly and neatly dressed always, and should be in the know of all activities going on in the hotel and the area.
Therefore, they must have their ears on the ground at all times to know what is happening to be able to keep records and answer questions related to activities at the hotel.
They are responsible for diligently recording all reservations and bookings made by guests and presenting them to the manager for record keeping and account balancing to know the level of business development in the hotel.
- Receive guests to the hotel by greeting them warmly, and attending to their inquiries and also answer inquirers over the phone.
- Inform guests of the services and accommodation rates( for walk in guests) in the hotel, make reservations for guests according to their needs, and also make sure that all reservations cancelled are effected immediately to avoid confusion.
- Build good relationship and rapport with guests to make them feel comfortable and address any complaints they might have in a very courteous manner to protect the image of the hotel.
- Keep clear and comprehensive records of guest room bookings and all billings for accountability and future reference.
- Maintain orderliness at the front desk by arranging documents accordingly and keeping the front desk area clean at all times to avoid rowdiness.
- Report issues of maintenance and malfunctioning appliances to the manager for quick repair in order to ensure guests comfort and satisfaction.
- Proven work experience as a Restaurant/hotel receptionist of front desk or similar role.
- Proven customer service experience
- Exhibit excellent knowledge of customer service.
- Good interpersonal skills.
- Ability to multi-task.
- Being reliable and trustworthy
- Communicate well
- Always ready to help and assist
- Be very organised and methodical
- Ready for a new challenge in life and a long term involvement in his/her future job
This position offers a salary of R8,000 – R10,000 per month. If you meet the minimum requirements mentioned above and wish to apply then send us you CV today…Good Luck!