Kendrick Recruitment is now seeking a Receiving and Storekeeping Officer for a 5* Boutique Hotel situated in Johannesburg. This role is a 08:00 to 17:00 Monday to Friday, and overtime when required. Two half Saturdays per month might be required, but then the incumbent will get a full weekday off per month to compensate for that.
· Formal hospitality management qualification from a reputable institution.
· Previous experience on Micros/MyInventory/Materials Control would be beneficial.
· Physically fit, healthy and able to perform heavy lifting from time to time.
· Computer literate on MS Word & MS Excel (basic to intermediate level).
· Initiative and self-discipline are a must.
· A minimum of six months experience in an F&B environment in a hotel.
· Skilled in designing practical internal control procedures.
· To ensure that all goods from suppliers are delivered under ideal (hygienic, supervised) conditions and that maximum security always applies, particularly when receiving goods.
· Comparing quotations/purchase orders/delivery notes to physical goods that are being delivered.
· Comparing quotations/purchase orders/job cards/invoices to physical services being rendered by suppliers.
· To ensure that delivery notes or printed invoices are received for absolutely all deliveries and that these documents are properly captured and forwarded neatly to the AP & Cashiering Controller.
· To ensure that all types of goods that are received are stored away neatly and securely in specifically designated storage areas.
· To ensure the process of recording delivery of goods/services is followed accurately on MyInventory/Materials Control/Intranet/Pastel Partner, i.e., converting a purchase order to a delivery status.
· To organize, overhaul and supervise the beverage main store, chemicals store, food dry goods store, operating equipment (OE) storage areas, filing/archiving areas, maintenance operating stock areas and certain fixed assets storage areas.
· Responsible for issuing stock from beverage main store, chemicals store, OE storage areas and stationery storage, ensuring that proper record-keeping is done for these stock issues.
· Checking that issues from food dry goods store are being recorded properly daily.
· To assist in mid-month and month-end inventory counts of the hotel.
· To witness month-end inventory counts of the spa.
· To witness month-end OE counts.
· To assist with capturing certain batches of inventory counts data onto MyInventory/Materials Control for correct valuations.
· Assisting with professional filing and labeling across finance/accounting activities.
· Assisting Financial Manager with organizing/archiving/filing and labeling of historic documents (including night audit packs).
· To ensure proper control procedures over keys for all storage areas.
This position is a live out rolr with a flexible package. To apply please get in touch as this is an urgent role.