Kendrick Recruitment is now searching for a passionate, fun, outgoing and experienced Pastry Chef for a magnificent, intimate 5* lodge, forming part of a well-known luxury property portfolio, based in the Sabi Sands
Key Focus Areas:
- Prepares and bakes bread loaves and rolls, including specialty breads, cakes, biscuits, desserts, and pastry goods as well as hot box snacks and tea-time treats.
- Checks the quality of raw materials and weighs ingredients.
- Coordinates the forming, loading, baking, unloading, de-panning and cooling of batches of bread, rolls, desserts, and pastry products, as well as hot box snacks.
- Maintain and operates machines which mix, roll and mould dough.
- Always maintains portion control to ensure minimum wastage.
- Perform regular stock takes in conjunction with main kitchen.
- Ensure all pastry kitchen monthly and daily administration is completed accurately and timeously.
- Produce quantity of product in line with the lodge daily occupancy and requirements.
- Enforce hygiene regulations and Health and Safety skills in the pastry kitchen.
Requirements – Qualifications and Skills:
- Relevant Qualification (advantageous).
- At least 2 Years’ experience in a similar role.
- 5* Lodge experience preferable.
- MS Office Suite.
- Provident Fund
- Medical Aid
- Salary based on experience
Should you feel you are the perfect all-rounder our client is searching for, please apply with your updated CV (full), references, food portfolio and a recent head & shoulders photo ASAP… Good Luck!