Kendrick Recruitment are seeking a Temp Conference Assistant for a luxury hotel in Sandton. This position is for a fixed term period of 3 months only. Salary on offer for this position is R8000 per month.
Candidate will assist the Conference Coordinator in organizing, setting up, servicing and preparing conference venues for conferences/meetings in a proper and orderly manner.
- To set up and lay out all conference equipment and stationery in preparation for conferences in all conference venues timeously.
- To check and ensure all conference equipment is in operational working order.
- To ensure and to follow up the clearing and cleaning of conference venues after conference guests have departed.
- To set up conference rooms with the required stationery, mineral water and sweets /mints.
- To ensure conference venues are clean always.
- To ensure tea/coffee stations are set up correctly and professionally, as well as assisting with the serving of tea/coffee and snacks during breaks when required.
- To replenish mineral water and sweets / mints during break times – and clear away empty bottles and waste paper.
- Conference venues are to be maintained to a high standard required, and carpets are to be
- Skirting boards are to be wiped regularly (all black marks are to be removed).
- Conference room windows are to be washed once weekly.
- All conference equipment and furniture to be checked and looked after and placed in storerooms after use.
- Assist with the setting up of functions such as dinners and lunches that were pre-booked.
- Take note of conference stock levels for stationery, waters, mints etc., and inform the Conference manager if stock levels are low.
- Refresh conference venues when delegates go and breaks / lunch.
- Assist with minor maintenance issues – such as changing bulbs / transformers (in an emergency) and minor maintenance work.
- Assist with yearly scheduled maintenance program.
- Adhere to all company policies and procedures.
- To assist with extra duties (Including working overtime on short notice) when the pressure of business demands.
- To assist with stock control and stock takes (conference store rooms) and ensure that conference store rooms and neat and tidy always.
- To ensure not only that conference rooms are cleared and set up for the following days’ functions when working a late shift, should there be a function happening on a particular evening, you are to assist with the function as you would on a day shift.
Job Knowledge & Skills Required:
- Good customer service skills.
- Must be able to get along well with people and take pride in providing services for others.
- Required to be able to work long hours without any chance to sit down.
- Basic knowledge of conference set-ups and layouts.
- Basic Audio Visual knowledge.
Minimum Qualifications & Experience Required:
- Working with guests/clients in hospitality/food & beverage industry.
- Grade 12 high school education.
- Experience on Amadeus, Starlight and Opera will be a big advantage.
- Attention to detail.
- Must be able to work under pressure.
Should you meet the minimum requirements then please send us your CV today. Good Luck!!