Kendrick Recruitment is seeking a Senior Sous Chef for a luxury game lodge in the Greater Kruger. This is a live-in position, salary on offer for this position is market related and will depend on experience.
KEY FOCUS AREAS:
- To demonstrate and help maintain high levels of service that consistently exceeds the expectations of our guests.
- To control the resources, manage the processes and cultivate the understanding of good food throughout the department by providing training and development for department staff.
- Full responsibility for stock control, kitchen financials food cost and budgeting.
- Maintaining excellent guest relations.
- Maintaining a hygienic environment; implementing and providing training on and monitoring of hygiene systems and required statutory regulations and standards.
- To liaise with the Executive Chef to implement new menus and to ensure the kitchen is run in the same professional manner when the Executive Chef is not on duty.
- To assist with the management of the department staff, staff roster, and kitchen cleaning schedule.
- To ensure effective daily communication with Lodge Manager and relevant departments. To be flexible and willing to help other departments at busy times if required.
- To comply with all kitchen policies and procedures to ensure that all statutory regulations are observed and that the department complies with these requirements. To provide and record a program of basic training for all new members of staff and to communicate performance and development issues on a regular basis.
- Must be a senior sous chef at present or have experience as a senior chef (at least 5 years) in a 5 star lodge.
- Solid management skills and experience in stock control, staff training, menu planning and kitchen policy and procedures to assist in the absence of the Executive Chef.
- Formal Qualification from a reputable cookery school/academy.
- Contactable references.
Should you meet the above-mentioned requirements then send us your CV today! Good Luck!