Kendrick Recruitment are seeking a Senior Chef de Partie for a luxury safari lodge in the Western Cape. This position offers a salary of R6000 per month and will include transport to and from work as well as meals.
The core function of the Senior Chef de Partie Pastry is to ensure that the pastry section produces the necessary breads, croissants, Danish pastries, ice creams, sorbets, cakes, biscuits and desserts integral to all the daily menus and essential to the guest dining experience. These should be produced and presented to the standards of the establishment.
Skills & Experience:
- Minimum of two years’ experience in a similar role.
- Good all rounder in the kitchen.
- Understanding of kitchen procedures and timing requirements and the ability to plan accordingly.
- A passion for chefing duties and be determined to grow in this area.
- Good communication skills.
- Matric qualifications.
- Understanding the health and hygiene issues.
- Knowledge of safety procedures and the use of firefighting equipment.
- Preparation of food in line with the establishments’ standards of excellent.
- Ensuring that the cleanliness and hygiene of the kitchen is of the highest standards.
- Correct use and maintenance of kitchen equipment.
- Maintaining fridges and stores to the highest hygiene and stock rotation standards.
- Communication with kitchen and lodge front of house staff to ensure the smooth running of the department.
- Training and Development in terms of kitchen skills.
- Achieving service excellence through teamwork.
Should you meet the above mentioned requirements please send us your CV today. Good Luck…