Kendrick Recruitment is now seeking a Private/Personal Chef for a Private Residence based in White River (Mpumalanga). The ideal candidate should have previous Sous/Head Chef level experience with strong management skills as the house is run similar to a Boutique Guest House. The candidate needs to be willing to travel with the family to other properties as well, including houses located in: Sabi Sands, Plettenberg Bay and Cape Town.
Duties within this role will also include arranging dinner parties as requested; this will include decor, menu food, set up etc. We are looking for someone who can also act as a PA when required, and assist with the Housekeeping side at the house as well (packing and unpacking of clothes, turndowns etc.).
You will need to have a “can do” attitude at all times and take charge of situations and lead from the front when required.
The selected candidate will be offered accommodation on site as well as a company car. Salary on offer of R25,000 – R30,000 per month, 15 days’ annual leave and the possibility of a 13th Cheque.
- Managing and maintaining a 45-acre Estate with 4 residences onsite with additional properties remotely whilst traveling with family.
- Manage of five domestic staff members, multiple vendors and other additional service providers.
- Ensure high standards throughout property, proper laundry service, upholstery cleaning and protocols, welcome gifts for guests and evening turndowns.
- Conduct interior and exterior inspections, recording deficiencies and submit appropriate reports to the Farm/Estate Manager.
- Prepare recommendations for repairs and replacements, and follows up for approvals and completion of items listed.
- Approve all purchase orders and work orders as they relate to the properties.
- Provide event set up and execution of cocktails/canapes receptions for up to 45 guests.
- Responsible for provisioning and inventory of all food and beverages.
- Executed menu development, décor, entertainment and organization for larger catered events, sought out purveyors from small local farms to gourmet retailers.
- Set up and managed kitchens of other part time residences in addition to primary residence.
- Prepared daily cooked meals following individual family member’s dietary requirements.
- Weekly flower arrangements.
- Running of family’s personal errands.
Should you meet the above criteria please send us your CV today! Good Luck…