Kendrick Recruitment are now seeking a Maintenance Manager for a collection of luxury 4* and 5* self-catering apartments in Cape Town. Salary on offer for this role is R8 000 – R15 000 per month but negotiable.
Main Purpose of Job:
To ensure Maintenance of all properties are maintained and kept in line with that of the company’s corporate standards.
Minimum Qualifications and Work Experience:
- Grade 12
- 4 Years’ experience in a similar role.
- Discusses any maintenance with the Operations Manager.
- Develop maintenance procedures and ensure implementation.
- Carry out inspections of the facilities to identify and resolve issues.
- Check electrical and plumbing systems of buildings to ensure functionality.
- Plan and oversee all repair and installation activities.
- Allocate workload and supervise maintenance staff.
- Monitor equipment inventory and place orders when necessary.
- Monitor expenses and control the budget for maintenance.
- Keep maintenance logs and report on daily activities.
- Gives instructions to Housekeeping for any deviations to procedure or maintenance requirements.
- Anticipate and address guest’s service needs through maintenance to maintain superior standards.
- Prepare and perform property checks prior to guest’s arrival as well as post departure in the absence of a property manager.
- Prepare snag lists for maintenance of properties.
- Ensures Maintenance and Housekeeping standards are maintained in accordance with company policy.
- Maintains building standards in accordance with company standards.
- Liaison with suppliers as required to ensure that company standards and policies are adhered to.
- Communication with management with relation to any maintenance issues as and when found.
- Maintains good communication channels with other departments.
- Manage relationships with contractors and service providers.
- Ensure health and safety policies are complied with.
- Immediately reporting and documenting to management any observed or known safety hazards, conditions or unsafe practices and procedures.
- Adhere to all fire and emergency procedures, including procedures for handling of the fire panel, ensuring guest safety and participate in an evacuation if necessary.
- Practice safe working habits, including bending and lifting appropriately to avoid injury, reporting hazards, appropriate use of cleaning chemicals and working to minimize tripping hazards.
- Uniform and personal appearance are clean and professional for all staff.
- Ensures high standards of hygiene and maintenance in area of responsibility.
- Performs any other tasks as and when requested.
Should you meet the minimum requirements mentioned above and you have relative experience please forward us your CV today!