Kendrick Recruitment is now seeking a strong Head Pastry Chef to oversee a team of Pastry Chefs distributed across remote camps in Tanzania. The Pastry Chef is fully responsible for the preparation of pastry items to set standards and carrying out assigned kitchen duties whilst also overseeing the teams and quality located out at camps across the Serengeti.
The main purpose of the Pastry Chef is to ensure that the pastry section produces the necessary breads, croissants, Danish pastries, ice creams, sorbets, cakes, biscuits and deserts integral to the daily menus and essential to the guest dining experience. These should be produced and presented to the standard expected by the guests of a world-class establishment.
Portion control must be exercised according to the number of guests dining and stock rotation in terms of the mise-en-place used in preparation of dishes.
1. Effective daily management of the pastry kitchen as well as satellite camps
2. Produce new and innovative ideas for enhancing the guest experience and to complement the work done by the other sections of the kitchen
3. Create and maintain a set of recipes which should be used to produce Pastry section items on a continuous basis
4. Timeously and accurately order necessary ingredients to enable the section to produce the required items
5. Ensure that the Pastry section contributes to ability of the kitchen as a whole to operate within budget, with minimal wastage and costs.
6. Communication with kitchen and lodge front of house staff to ensure the smooth running of the department
7. Training and Development in terms of kitchen skills
Experience and Skills Required:
1. A minimum of 6 year’s work experience within luxury 5* establishments
2. A passion for pastry
3. A co-operative and hardworking nature
4. Creativity and willingness to be innovative
6. Organizational ability
7. Strong attention to detail
8. Leadership skills
This position is offering a highly negotiable package based on the candidate. You will be based in East Africa and working 3 months on 1 month off work cycle. To apply please send your CV, references, culinary portfolio and profile photo through today… Good Luck!