Kendrick Recruitment is now seeking a Head Chef for a well established of Restaurant based in Knysna, Western Cape. Within this role your key responsibility will be to oversee and co-ordinate day-to-day running of the kitchen. Plan, organise, train and lead their kitchens to achieve agreed objectives in quality of food at agreed food cost, staffing of shifts, employee’s retention, continuous training of your line staff. Assumes 100% accountability for guest satisfaction with regards to their food, cleanliness and sanitation of the kitchen and equipment there in.
Key Performance Areas:
- Maintain brand reputation, Ethos and Values of the company
- Build long term relationships with our customers, suppliers and staff
- Responding, handling, solving complaints and concerns
- Achieve company objectives in quality , appearance of facility , sanitation and cleanliness through training of employees and creating positive , productive working environment
- Ensure the correct and sufficient quantities of perishables and non- perishables available as seasonally required
- Manage the correct following of recipes, knows and complies with the standard portion sizes, cooking methods, quality standards.
- Follows and ensures proper plate presentation and garnishing of all plates.
- Creating an environment to promote teamwork.
- Efficient and Impartial rostering of Kitchen staff in consultation with the restaurant manager.
- Ensure smooth and timeous output from the kitchen during service hours.
- Liaise with Front of House daily with regards to bookings, expected business and group/function requirements
- Supervision, Development and Training of all Kitchen staff.
- Compile Menus suited to clientele of the restaurant and kitchen staff’s abilities.
- Cost all Breakfast, A La Carte, Set Menu and Function Menus.
- Observe market trends and the availability and cost of produce.
- Prepare for and accurately complete a Stocktake as required
Salary offered of R20,000 to the selected candidate, for more information please send us through your CV, references and Food Portfolio today… Good Luck!