Kendrick Recruitment is seeking a Head Chef for a luxury Golf & Country Club in Knysna, Western Cape. Salary for this position is R20 000 p.m negotiable.
Responsibilities and Requirements:
Day-to-day running of the kitchen. Plan, organize, train and lead their kitchens to achieve agreed objectives in quality of food at agreed food cost, staffing of shifts, employee’s retention, continuous training of your line staff. Guest satisfaction with regards to food, cleanliness and sanitation of the kitchen and kitchen equipment.
• Build long term relationships with our customers, suppliers and staff.
• Responding, handling, solving complaints and concerns.
• Achieve company objectives in quality, appearance of facility, sanitation and cleanliness through training of employees and creating a positive and productive working environment.
• Ensure the correct and sufficient quantities of perishables and non- perishables available as seasonally required.
• Following of recipes, knows and complies with the standard portion sizes, cooking methods, quality standards.
• Follows and ensures proper plate presentation and garnishing of all plates.
• Creating an environment to promote teamwork.
• Efficient and Impartial rostering of Kitchen staff in consultation with the F&B manager.
• Ensure smooth and timeous output from the kitchen during service hours.
• Liaise with Front of House daily with regards to bookings, expected business and group/function requirements.
• Supervision, development and training of all kitchen staff.
• Compile menus suited to clientele of the Hotel and kitchen staff’s abilities.
• Cost all Breakfast, A La Carte, Set Menu and Function Menus.
• Observe market trends and the availability and cost of produce.
• Prepare for and accurately complete a stock take as required.
If you meet the minimum requirements mentioned above send us your CV today! Good Luck…