Kendrick Recruitment is currently seeking a German speaking Senior Sales Consultant to be based at Head Office in Cape Town. This company is known for its 5* luxury properties across Africa.
Skills & Experience Required
• Experience in, and knowledge of East African safari sales
• Skilled in designing detailed and individualized quotes for itinerary requests
• Excellent sales skills and the ability to upsell
• Excellent communication skills, a service delivery mind set and a strong customer service
• Target orientated, and experience of delivering results in a performance oriented and fast
paced sales environment.
• Ability to find commercial solutions to problems
• Good knowledge of sales systems
• Strong administration and organizational skills with great attention to detail
• The ability to work well under pressure
• Proactive mindset and can-do attitude
• Experience in handling difficult situations (e.g. complaints, last minute requests, changes
paced sales environment).
• Experience in and willingness to handle issues outside of office hours when required
• Ability to work independently as well as within a broader team setup
• Energetic and eager to learn
Skills & Experience Advantage
• Knowledge of East Africa – Kenya & Tanzania
• Knowledge of Sales Systems Travelogic & Res Request
Responsibilities and Duties
• Handling of safari requests from agents with costing and accurate information within the
required turnaround time
• Proactive response to agents’ requests including suggestions on itinerary design, routing,
logistics, alternatives, upselling, offering additional information as needed
• Follow booking procedures set out in the operating manuals when booking all properties,
vehicles and activities that make up the safari
• On confirmation complete the safari file with all the information required
• Build and maintain good relationships with both internal and external stakeholders to
facilitate the smooth running of the sales process
• Follow up with agents after a safari for any feedback
• Report any errors or issues to your line manager immediately on discovery
• Provide proactive support to colleagues in peak or leave times
• Proactive approach towards your personal and departmental target and working together
with management to ensure we reach these targets
• Following and adhering to all sales procedures as set out in the operating manuals
• Attending all training that is offered and proactively growing your knowledge of the
company, their products (as well as that of 3rd Party suppliers) and the countries in which
• Use systems to their maximum potential and play an active role in helping to improve
• Always look for ways to increase sales from your accounts and play an active role in
increasing the performance of the sales office Required work practices.
• Across all interactions, promote the image of the sales team as a best in class externally
with our clients and internally with our key stakeholders.
• As a key point of contact and the face of the company, upholding and contributing to the
reputation of the company as a leading safari operator.
• The company values play an important role in how we define ourselves, and set ourselves
apart. We place high value on living these values in every day work practices. These values are genuine, honesty, quality, commitment and care.
• When staff events happen within working hours it will be compulsory to attend
• Attend all Training & Development programs as required
Conditions and hours of work
• You will be required to work in the Cape Town office from Monday – Friday. You are
required to work 9 hours per day including an hour lunch break. The working hours are
09h00 – 18h00 with some flexibility.
• Overtime may be required during peak periods, for which you may be compensated with
time off in lieu
• We operate a 24/7 emergency phone that rotates between consultants for which you take
full responsibility according to a roster for 1 week at a time. Overtime may be required
during peak periods.
• You will be required to travel for work from time to time.
Market related salary on offer for this position. Should you meet all the above mentioned requirements please send us your CV and a professional head and shoulder picture today…Good Luck!