Kendrick Recruitment are now seeking a General Manager for a Catering and Facilities Company based in Tanzania. This position is partnered with a UK company to oversee the sanitation distribution across the company The General Manager key role is to work with Managers and Supervisors to implement monitor and enhance all aspects of support to include operational performance, safety, security, productivity, cost control, customer service, and continuous improvement. We are seeking a candidate who can exercise independent judgment, decision-making, and discretion.
• Preparing, maintaining and communicating all operational goals
• On-going management of facility fiscal performance (Profit and Loss), yearly budget preparation.
• Monitoring space utilization/layout and maximizing usage/making recommendations.
• Managing, coaching, mentoring, developing staff to achieve prescribed objectives.
• Overseeing the recruitment and new hire process
• Monitoring and ensuring the departmental performance metrics are met in a timely and cost effective manner.
• Ensuring the accurate and timely preparation of all necessary reports and records relating to the organizations operations.
• Developing, implementing and directing; equipment preventative maintenance programs, safety programs, and facility maintenance programs.
• As a preference a degree in Chemical Engineering or Health & Safety, Logistics, Industrial Engineering or other related operations discipline
• A minimum of 5 years of proven management experience, preferably in a large, high volume wholesale and logistics environment responsible for WMS, P&L, Budgeting, HR/Recruitment, Business Development, Sales and Marketing
• Ability to interact effectively at multiple levels, in support of our customer relationships; demonstrated self-confidence, particularly with client relationships; strong relationship building skills
• Excellent communication and presentation skills; ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from groups of managers, clients, teammates, customers, and the general public
• A proven track record of mentoring and development of direct reports and subordinates.
If you are looking for an exciting, diverse challenge then this is the role for you. Please only apply if you meet the above criteria and have the relevant qualifications and experience. To apply please send your CV, references, profile photo along with your salary expectations and notice period…. Good Luck!