Kendrick Recruitment is now seeking a Field Guide to be placed in Madikwe Game Reserve to act as a permanent relief/stand-in guide for two private corporate lodges.
Package on offer for this position includes a salary of R9000.00 p.m. basic + tips, single furnished accommodation with DSTV, payment for DEAT & FGASA membership, PDP renewal and First Aid course and all ammunition needed for shooting requirements. Please note that no meals are provided.
- Minimum FGASA Field Guide (Level 1)
- Full Trails Guide would be an advantage
Summary of Duties:
- Game drives and walks.
- Maintenance of lodge and assets.
- Staff supervision.
- Guest and director liaison.
- Administration of necessary documentation (guest and supplier invoices etc.).
- Lodge protection – theft, fire and animal damage.
- The Lodge Managers work on an 8-week on, 2-weeks off cycle.
- This means that the Relief Guide only needs to work for 4 weeks in the 10-week cycle, thus allowing him/her another 4-6 weeks to source other freelance work while not on duty at the two lodges. There is another 4 weeks (total) where the Relief Guide needs to be available to stand in while the Lodge Managers are on annual leave.
- The Lodge Managers will draft a leave roster to determine the weeks to be worked, as part of their regular work cycle and annual leave. The work roster will be drawn-up so that at all times there is a Guide/Manager on duty. Some flexibility in this will be required as off weeks do sometimes need to be moved.
Should you meet the above mentioned criteria please send us your CV today! Good Luck…