Kendrick Recruitment are urgently seeking a F&B Manager for a hotel in Sandton, Johannesburg. Main purpose would be to manage and control all food and beverage outlets to the required standards, maximising revenues and profits to agreed budgetary specifications. Salary on offer for this position is R30 000.00 p.m. basic + commission.
- To ensure the prompt and efficient service of all meals, snacks, functions and beverages in line with local and international accepted standards.
- To ensure that profit margins are maintained and agreed cost of sale not exceeded through effective control systems, including issuing against dockets, sales analysis, menu costing, stock control and cash checks.
- To ensure that all areas of responsibility are correctly staffed to maintain service delivery levels for the volume of business anticipated and against budget and forecast.
- To ensure the proper control and maintenance of stock and operating equipment by closely monitoring stock holding and usage to ensure minimum losses/breakages.
- To develop, plan and carry out food & beverage marketing, advertising and promotional activities and campaigns to maximize food and beverage revenues.
- To fully understand and comply with all relevant legislation, regulations and licensing requirements pertaining to health, safety and labor requirements.
- To control cash and other receipts by adhering to cash handling and reconciliation procedures in accordance with restaurant and hotel policies and procedures.
- To achieve company objectives in sales, service, quality, appearance of facility, sanitation and cleanliness through training of employees and creating a positive, productive working environment.
- To continuously improve and develop product offerings in line with local and international trends in the industry.
- To ensure constant supervisory presence on the floor during service times to test guest feedback, coach staff and remedy issues.
- To perform 10, 20 day and monthly stock takes.
- To develop policies and procedures (SOP’s) and continually updating written policies and procedures regularly.
- To ensure highly motivated employees by providing training and development opportunities for all F&B staff and regularly review staff performance.
- To ensure that all employees follow the code of conduct, and to discipline accordingly.
Job Knowledge and Skills Required:
- Menu engineering, analysis and planning.
- Working knowledge of POS and PMS systems.
- Working knowledge of financial and administrative principles.
- Knowledge of diverse culture.
- Basic understanding of IT, AV and Telecoms software and hardware systems.
- In depth knowledge of stock management.
- Understanding of sales and marketing principles within the Food & Beverage environment.
- Working knowledge of legislation applicable to the Food & Beverage operation.
- In depth knowledge of food preparation, wine, liquor and beverage.
- Problem solving skills.
- Interpersonal skills.
- Organizational skills.
- Negotiating skills.
- Leadership skills.
- Training and coaching skills.
- Numerical and verbal reasoning skills.
- Communication skills.
Minimum Qualifications and Experience:
- Minimum of 8 years’ experience in the restaurant and/or hotel environment.
- Minimum of 4 years’ restaurant management experience.
- Minimum of 2 years F&B experience in hotels.
- Financial management experience to Income Statements.
- Experience in purchasing and costing of stock.
- Experience in menu planning, design and costing.
- Experience or exposure to restaurant sales and marketing.
- Grade 12 (Essential).
- Diploma in Hospitality or Food and Beverage management or similar Industry-related qualification (Desirable).
Should you meet the above criteria please send us your CV today. Good Luck!