Kendrick Recruitment are seeking a Duty Manager for a private luxury estate located in the beautiful Franschhoek Valley.
Salary on offer for this position is market related. Shift work will be required and an average of 8-9 days off will be given per month.
- A Diploma in Hospitality.
- Wine Diploma is an Advantage.
- Knowledge of the area will be an advantage.
- Previous experience essential. Two to three years in a similar environment.
Main Duties & Responsibilities:
- To ensure that the day to day operations of Front of House Duties are carried out according to the standards of the company.
- To brief all Front of House staff at the start of their shift regarding groups, VIP’s, special events, meal themes and applicable décor and any other pertinent information.
- To monitor the performance and morale of Front Of house staff and report to the General
Manager when necessary.
- To ensure that the cleanliness, hygiene and sanitation of Front of house Area areas are immaculately maintained always according to the standards of the company and as specified by senior management.
- To inspire Front of house Staff to perform every task to the very best of their ability.
- To carry out on the job training with Lobster Ink to ensure that personnel are constantly growing and improving.
- To maintain a positive attitude and a courteous and professional demeanor always.
- To coordinate and assist with guest check-ins and departures in a welcoming, and efficient manner.
- To have a complete knowledge of Franschhoek and the company so that you are properly equipped to recommend restaurants and assist with the planning of
- To take every possible action to create an atmosphere of relaxation and enjoyment.
- To ensure that all guests receive superior, friendly and personalized attention and service
throughout their stay.
- To ensure that a warm presence and a genuine willingness to serve and assist is maintained always.
- To anticipate and respond to all guest needs quickly, efficiently and courteously.
- To ensure that any guest complaints are resolved quickly, efficiently and courteously and brought to the attention of senior management.
- To ensure that daily beverage stock takes are carried out and that the specified par levels are maintained.
- To accurately record breakages and losses of stock and assets.
- To communicate with all other operating departments, particularly; Housekeeping, Maintenance and Kitchen to ensure that they are informed of any all matters that concern
- To follow all reasonable instructions.
- To report any breach of company policy to senior management.
- To maximize revenue by making use of up selling techniques. (Reserve Wine)
- To be friendly with guests but avoid personal involvement; your professionalism will help them understand that your relationship is that of employee-guest, not that of intimate friends.
- To keep a check on your attitude; be careful not to take out personal frustrations on your
Should you meet the minimum requirements mentioned above, please send us your CV today! Good Luck…