Kendrick Recruitment are seeking a Commis Chef for a luxury safari lodge in the Western Cape. This position offers a salary of R4000 – R4500 depending on experience and will include transport to and from work as well as meals.
The Commis Chef provides a service to the kitchen department. The Commis Chef is fully responsible for the preparation of assigned menu items to set standards and carrying out assigned kitchen duties and is accountable to the Head Chef for these.
The main purpose of the Commis Chef is to ensure that quality food is produced in a hygienic environment, in line with the required standards.
All kitchen equipment must be cared for, with breakages kept to an absolute minimum. Any equipment maintenance issues must be reported to the Head Chef immediately.
The Commis Chef is also responsible to continually grow in terms of kitchen knowledge and skills and to discuss any training requirements with the Head Chef. The Commis Chef must adhere to health and hygiene standards and ensuring that they play their part in the recycling process.
Finally, the Commis Chef must hand over responsibilities and requests to the next shift coming on duty and ensure that they receive a handover form the previous shift when coming on duty.
Scope of Work:
In broad terms the Commis Chef oversees the following key result areas:
- Preparation of food in line with standard of excellence.
- Ensuring that the cleanliness and hygiene of the kitchen is of the highest standard.
- Correct use and maintenance of kitchen equipment.
- Maintaining fridges and stores to the highest hygiene and stock rotation standards.
- Communication with kitchen and lodge front of house staff to ensure the smooth running of the department.
- Training and development in terms of kitchen skills.
- Achieving service excellence though teamwork.
As such the person filling this position needs to have:
- A minimum of 2 years’ cooking experience in a Commis Chef position.
- Understanding of kitchen procedure and timing requirements and the ability to plan accordingly.
- A passion for chefing and kitchen-related duties and be determined to grow in this area.
- Good communication skills.
- Matric qualification.
- Understanding of health and hygiene issues.
- Knowledge of safety procedures and the use of firefighting equipment.
Should you meet the above mentioned requirements than please send us your CV today. Good Luck…