Kendrick Recruitment are now seeking an Accounts Assistant for a collection of luxury 4* and 5* self-catering apartments in Cape Town. Salary on offer for this role is R5 500 – R6 500 per month but negotiable.
Main Purpose of Job:
The Accounts Supervisor’s responsibilities include keeping financial records updated, preparing reports and reconciling bank statements.
Minimum Qualifications and Work Experience:
- Grade 12
- 2 Years’ experience in a similar role.
- Bookkeeping Diploma
- Manage all booking invoices, for guests/agents.
- Request payments from guests and Process payments.
- Manage all supplier invoices and payments.
- Liaise with guests regarding any payment queries.
- Create Commission invoices for bookings made.
- Create/Update expense bills in Accounting system for all expenses incurred on owners behalf.
- Month end calculations for the payments due to owners.
- Month end statements to owners showing the transactions.
- Manage expense reports as updated by admin for all properties.
- Bank Reconciliations and management.
- Management of petty cash.
- Typing accurately, preparing and maintaining accounting documents and records.
- Preparing bank deposits, general ledger postings and statements.
- Research, track and restore accounting or documentation problems and
- Maintains good communication channels with other departments.
- Listening to guest’s or supplier complaints or concerns, resolving their issue in a timely manner.
- Adhere to all fire and emergency procedures, including procedures for handling of the fire panel, ensuring guest safety and participate in an evacuation if necessary.
- Practice safe working habits, including bending and lifting appropriately to avoid injury, reporting hazards, appropriate use of cleaning chemicals and working to minimize tripping hazards.
- Uniform and personal appearance are clean and professional for all staff.
- Ensures high standards of hygiene and maintenance in area of responsibility.
- Performs any other tasks as and when requested.
Should you meet the minimum requirements mentioned above and you have relative experience please forward us your CV today!