Kendrick Recruitment is now seeking a Fleet Manager for a luxury lodge based in the Okavango Delta, Botswana. The Botswana Lodge Fleet Manager covers all general duties involved with managing a large fleet of vehicles and generators at several different lodges in Botswana. Monitoring and controlling fuel usages, service schedules and maintenance programmes. The fleet manager needs to be a hardworking, reliable, motivated person who can function in all circumstances. They must enjoy travelling and working long hours – also being on call at all times. The position requires enthusiasm and dedication and it will be very rewarding.
• Regular visits to lodges / camps checking fleet requirements and standards
• Continual monitoring of vehicle and generator maintenance records, updating service records and ensuring correct maintenance procedures are followed
• Monitoring fuel usage and logging of all fuel records – reviewing and implementing improved systems to improve fuel consumption
• Continuously strive to improve operational systems and procedures involving vehicles, decrease vehicle down time and improve the standards and condition of the fleet.
• Work closely with other departments from a logistical point of view
• Work closely with ranger trainers and implement courses for drivers / rangers in order to improve the guest experience and improved driving skills
• Communicate regularly with lodge managers regarding fleet upkeep and operation at their lodge
• Ensuring the lodge workshops are clean, organised, stocked and well looked after
• Preparing budgets per lodge – current maintenance costs, proposed future costs, fleet replacement etc.
• Ensure stock controls are implemented, controlled and minimum stocks are adhered to
• Communicate with all walks of life – from 5 star guest to lodge manager to workshop manager to workshop cleaner
• Renew and maintain all legal documents per vehicles – insurance, roadworthy inspections
• Supervise workshop staff at lodges and maintenance crew’s at all different lodges
• Formal mechanical qualification / training is required, and a mechanical trade test must have been completed
• Minimum 5 years’ experience in a mechanical workshop
• Communicate clearly in English – both written and spoken
• Knowledge of Excel and Word a must
• Recent employment in workshop / mechanical areas
• Hands on, energetic, hardworking, enthusiastic and driven to improve and streamline the fleet department
• Valid un-endorsed driver’s license
To apply for this role please send your CV, references and profile picture through today… Good Luck!