Kendrick Recruitment has an incredible opportunity for a Director of Food and Beverage at a highly acclaimed 5* Hotel based in the heart of Cape Town. This property offers incredible brunch, lunch, afternoon tea and dinner experiences. The F&B team comprises of a fantastic team offering seamless service and priding themselves on their first class knowledge of the F&B offering and customer service skills. This is an excellent opportunity to lead a driven and passionate team focused on providing an incomparable experience.
- Oversee and direct all aspects of the Food and Beverage department to ensure the smooth running of all Food and Beverage outlets
- Ensure that all Food & Beverage and service standards are being adhered to and maintained throughout the Food and Beverage Outlets.
- Keep aware of trends, systems, practices and equipment in Food and Beverage preparation and service in the hospitality field.
- To keep abreast of the overall functioning and work progress in each department by maintaining a high level of exposure in all the hotel’s F&B outlets.
- To support F&B outlet management with all F&B related tasks by providing hands – on assistance in the various outlets as and when required.
- To ensure that all F&B service staff are kept informed at all times of matters that effect their individual departments, hotel information and any other pertinent information.
- Oversees the co-ordination and preparation of staff rosters for all F&B outlets to ensure adequate coverage in all F&B outlets according to occupancy.
- To prepare and submit, as per the subscribed format, on a weekly and monthly basis all information necessary for budgetary/forecasting purposes.
- Supervise and co-ordinate pricing and preparation of menus, beverage and wine lists, and liaise with local suppliers.
- Diploma / Degree from a reputable hotel school.
- Must have 5 years senior F&B management experience in a luxury hotel environment.
- Experience in resolving customer issues/complaints.
- Proven ability to effectively build and foster a team environment
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Guest-oriented and service-minded.
- Excellent leaderships skills, with the ability to manage and motivate others.
- Knowledge of silverware – advantageous.
- Excellent knowledge of food cost, employee scheduling and payroll.
- Extensive food and beverage product knowledge.
- Excellent knowledge of general restaurant operations.
- Familiar with point-of-sale computers and software.
- Good understating of financial principles.
- Critical thinker and problem-solving skills.
- Strong attention to detail and ability to multitask.
- Solid time management, organization and prioritization skills.
- Competitive basic salary
- Medical aid & Pension fund benefit
- Loyalty and recognition rewards programme
- On going Learning and Development opportunities
- Regular community, social and staff welfare events
If this opportunity sounds like one you’ve been looking for get in touch with us to complete an application soonest. To apply you will need your CV, references and professional photo… Good Luck!