Kendrick Recruitment are seeking an Assistant Sommelier for a luxury 5-star establishment in Hermanus. This is a live-out position and salary on offer is R16,000 per month.
- Work with international guests in a professional, yet unassuming environment.
The main purpose of the Assistant sommelier is to provide a specialized service to the lodges in terms of wine presentation and service.
Duties will include, but are not limited to:
- Wine service during meals times.
- Hosting of guests for wine tours, food & wine pairing menus and tutored tastings.
- General admin work regarding wine stock purchases and cellar management.
- This included monthly stock take and store room management.
- Maintenance & appearance of wine cellar and display rooms.
- Wine and beverage training with Front of House staff.
- •Assist with F&B service for large functions / weddings and therefore a basic knowledge of other alcoholic drinks and cocktails will be an advantage.
Candidates should meet the following prerequisites:
- Basic international wine course, WSET level 2/3
- Computer literate. Excel, word documents, emails
- Experience in hospitality / guest interactions and service
- Valid SA driver’s license
- Strong sales skills
- Sound wine knowledge
- Physically able to transfer wine & stamina
- Organised and excellent admin skills
- A developmental approach to staff
- Excellent personal presentation
If you meet the minimum requirements mentioned above, then send us your CV today… Good Luck!