Kendrick Recruitment is seeking a Accomodation Manager for a luxury property in Franschhoek.
• Ensure all staff in Housekeeping and Front office departments comply with Hotel Policy regarding uniform and personal hygiene.
• To be aware of the day’s business both in Room Occupancy, Special Requirements, and VIP needs.
• Liaise with Reception regarding Room moves, VIP guests, and Special Needs and act on any information given.
• Issue keys, room lists, house assistant checklists, and cleaning schedules to housekeeping staff at the beginning of the shift and collect and check them at end of the shift.
• Excellent Knowledge of how to inspect properties.
• Regularly Inspect guest rooms, public areas, and recreational areas for cleanliness, and appearance and also to make sure these areas are kept as per the hotel’s standard.
• Ensure all Maintenance work in Bedrooms, Laundry, and Public Areas are rectified prior to releasing rooms back to front desk.
• Ensuring that accommodation is clean, well maintained, and attractively presented.
• Ensure that company standards for guest services, décor, and housekeeping services are met or exceeded.
• Ensure Guest and Hotel Laundry and Dry Cleaning is dealt with to the standard laid down by the hotel management.
• Maintain par stock levels of stationary, linen, and amenity requirements in order to ensure consistency in standards.
• Knowledge of local and company hygiene, health, and safety regulations
• Developing and utilizing check lists for regular preventative maintenance.
• Developing and utilizing checklists for regular cleaning and upkeep.
• Conduct meetings and training sessions as and when required.
• Interview, hire, train, and at times take disciplinary actions on staff members.
• To actively train all staff to the standards laid down in the Training Manual and monitor their work performance.
• Approving Duty rosters for housekeeping and laundry always taking into account the hotel status (Arrival / Departure / Occupancy).
• Monitor staff performance to ensure that guests are happy.
• Minimise wastage of materials and energy through careful monitoring of staff.
• Train staff on answering guest enquires about hotel policies and services.
Proven work experience with at least 3 -4 years experience as an Accommodation Manager or in a similar position at a 4* or 5* property. Minimum 3 to 4 years of work experience as well as possess excellent customer care and interpersonal skills
To apply please send your CV, references, and profile photo today… Good Luck!